RECIPE - Boiling a sack of crawfish
How To Boil a Sack of Crawfish In A 100 Quart HP Cooker Perfectly Everytime!
LIST OF INGREDIENTS
- Sack Of Crawfish (35 to 40 lbs)
- Geaux Creole Seafood Boiling Mix (4.5lb bag)
- Liquid Seafood Boil
- Garlic Powder
- Celery Salt
- New Potatoes
- Large Lemons
- Whole Garlic
- Frozen Corn
- Insert the basket into the pot and fill the pot to the 40% point with water.
- Add the 4 Lb Bag of Geaux Creole seasoning mix.
- Squeeze 6 big lemons into the pot then toss in the rind.
- Pour in 6 oz of Liquid Seafood Boil.
- Add 4 oz of Garlic Powder.
- Add 1 oz of Celery Salt.
- Add the New Potatoes (may want to use a boil bag to keep the potatoes together)
- Stir mix with a big paddle and then light the burner.
- Once the water comes to a boil, allow it to boil for about 3 minutes to to precook the new potatoes.
- Add the Sausage, Mushrooms & Garlic to the pot and stir well.
- Pour 1 sack of Crawfish into the pot and stir well, then cover with the lid.
- When the boil returns(approx. 90 secs), allow it to boil for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the burner. Add about 10 mini frozen corn cobs and push them down to the bottom, this will also help cool down process.
- Goal of cool down is to get temperature to drop to approximately 150 degrees. A long turkey thermometer works best. Suggested ways to achieve cool down:
- Pour in a bag of ice
- Hose down outside sides of pot
- Utilize a cool down system like our Cajun Halo product.
- Allow the Crawfish to soak for 15 minutes.
- Begin to taste test the crawfish until you achieve your desired spice/heat.
- Lift the basket out of the pot and allow it drain for a few minutes. Use your HPC aluminum paddle to put between basket and pot to have it drain easily.
- Pour out the basket on a big table or into one of our crawfish troughs and enjoy!
You can also download/print it via pdf file .